Fort resident receives crown
A Fort Leavenworth woman has been crowned Mrs. Leavenworth County 2008.
Mrs. Kimberly Ruch resides on Fort Leavenworth with her husband, Maj. Jeffrey N. Ruch, and their five children.
She will represent Leavenworth County in the Mrs. Kansas America Competition. The event will take place on April 26 at the Guthrie Scottish Rite Temple in Wichita.
The Mrs. Kansas America competition highlights accomplished women from all over the state.
The winner of the competition will compete in the nationally televised Mrs. America competition.
Kimberly's platform while serving as Mrs. Leavenworth County, "Build The Bridge: Closing the Gap for Today's Foster Child" is a significant passion for her. She hopes to use her title to bring awareness to this issue.
More like this story
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education