Fort resident receives crown
A Fort Leavenworth woman has been crowned Mrs. Leavenworth County 2008.
Mrs. Kimberly Ruch resides on Fort Leavenworth with her husband, Maj. Jeffrey N. Ruch, and their five children.
She will represent Leavenworth County in the Mrs. Kansas America Competition. The event will take place on April 26 at the Guthrie Scottish Rite Temple in Wichita.
The Mrs. Kansas America competition highlights accomplished women from all over the state.
The winner of the competition will compete in the nationally televised Mrs. America competition.
Kimberly's platform while serving as Mrs. Leavenworth County, "Build The Bridge: Closing the Gap for Today's Foster Child" is a significant passion for her. She hopes to use her title to bring awareness to this issue.
More like this story
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups