Helen L. Kurre,
Helen L. Kurre, 90, of Linwood, formerly of Bonner Springs, died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2008, at her home. Services were Wednesday at Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, 701 N 94th St., Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens. Visitation was Tuesday at the funeral home. The family suggests donations to the Lenexa Hospice.
Helen Kurre was born Jan. 11, 1918, to John and Leona (Tapper) Fidler in Hominy, Okla. She was preceded in death by her husband, John Kurre, and a son, Ronald Mandell. Survivors include a daughter, Carol Johnson; a daughter-in-law, Catherine Mandell-Greening; and five grandchildren, Christine Meddaugh, Rhonda Howard, Kathleen Gilbert, Mary Lou Erickson and Joseph "Buddy" Johnson. There are 16 great-grandchildren and 4 great-great-grandchildren.
Arr: Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, 913-334-3366.
More like this story
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County