LeRoy Otis Scott
LeRoy Otis Scott, 83, of Piper, died Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2008, while in the company of family members at his residence. Services were Saturday at the Alden-Harrington Funeral Home in Bonner Springs, with burial following in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Kansas City, Kan. Visitation was Saturday at the funeral home.
Mr. Scott was born on Dec. 24, 1924, in Edwardsville, and was a lifelong Piper area resident. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, in which he was a paratrooper and received the Purple Heart and the Silver Star. He retired after 47 years service with Scherer Truck Equipment Co. in Parkville, Mo., as a shop foreman.
He is survived by his wife of 58 years, Delpha Scott, of the home; and three sons, Roy F. Scott of Liberty, Mo.; Bob Scott of Lenexa; and Ron Scott of Broken Arrow, Okla.; two daughters, Shirley Henry and Kathy German, both of Piper; and two Sisters, Elizabeth Knox and Loretta Groseclose, both of Piper. There are 14 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. Arrangements: Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs KS 66012, 913-422-4074.
More like this story
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Bonner's Zumba classes create fitness 'family'
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Bonner-area man named state 'king' of weight loss