Stanley M. Watkins
Stanley M. Watkins, 92, of Ozawkie, Kan., died on Wednesday Feb. 13, 2008, at his home. Graveside services were Tuesday at the Bonner Springs Cemetery. Visitation was prior to the service at the Alden-Harrington Funeral Home.
Mr. Watkins was born on May 1, 1915, in Loring, Kan., to John and Mary (Williamson) Watkins. He was an over-the-road truck driver and a member of the Teamsters Union. He was a World War II Navy veteran and a lifetime member of the American Legion and the VFW. In his retirement he enjoyed traveling, canoe trips, anything that kept him on the road.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Maxine (Leach) Watkins, in 1985; a son, Rodney T. Watkins, in 2006; and by his longtime companion, Lilah Anderson. Survivors include a stepson, Lindsay Gaskins Jr., Grandview, Mo.; and a nephew, Bob Laudeman, of St. Louis, Mo.
Arrangements: Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs KS 66012. 913-422-4074.
More like this story
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs chiropractor Martha Aitkens
- USD 458 employee becomes 2015 district graduate
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop