Historical Society’s guest will be Herd
World-renown crop artist Stan Herd will be the guest speaker at this month's meeting of the Tonganoxie Historic Society.
Head will speak at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Historic Site, 201 W Washington, Tonganoxie.
He is known worldwide for his crop art, an art form that involves plants, soil and rock to transform natural landscapes into art on such a grand scale that it must be viewed from an airplane. Herd's work has appeared in major publications, including The Wall Street Journal and Smithsonian Magazine. He has also been featured on numerous TV shows. Herd's work has become a platform for mankind's relationship to the land. His studio is located in Lawrence.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field