Seatons’ medal at state tournaments
The Bonner Springs and Basehor-Linwood wrestling teams competed in separate state tournaments this weekend.
A couple of cousins led their respective teams.
Caleb Seaton, wrestling in the Class 5A State tournament in Hutchinson, didn't quite win state during his freshman year of wrestling, but he managed to finish in fourth place.
The 103-pounder led Bonner Springs to a 23-rd place finish with 19 points in the tournament that took place in Hutchinson.
Brooks Ballou, 119-pounder, finished 1-2 and concludes the year with a 17-19 record this season. Adam Shirley finished 1-2 in the tournament and a 1-2 record in the tournament. Collin Stirling finished 0-2 in the tournament.
Class 4A wrestling results
Basehor-Linwood finished in 29th place with 20 points in a tournament that took place in Salina.
Symon Seaton, 112-pounder, finished in third place and finished the year with a 29-5 record.
Mike Torrez, 103-pounder, finished with a 0-2 record in the tournament. He lost his first two matches of the tournament.
More like this story
- BLHS students named 2015 'Honor Scholars'
- Basehor, Bonner area students receive collegiate honors
- BLHS senior noted among incoming Pitt State students
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field