Seaton places third at state tournament
Symon Seaton lost to the eventual state champion and finished third in the Class 4A state wrestling tournament in Salina last weekend.
After back-to-back titles at the Kaw Valley League and Class 4A regional wrestling tournament at Perry-Lecompton, Seaton, a 112-pounder, finished with a 4-1 record at state.
He won his first match of Justin Sharp of Fort Scott by pin. In the second round he defeated Tyson Schmidtberger of Russell High by pin.
He lost in the third round to Jake Gentzler of Andover-Central 3-1. Gentzler went on to win the state title.
After the loss, Seaton won his next two matches.
In the fourth round he defeated Colton Eck of Andale with a pin. To finish in third place in the tournament, he defeated Taylor\
Dwyer of Altamont-Labette County, 3-0.
Seaton concluded the year with a 29-5 record.
Led by Seaton's performance, Basehor-Linwood finished in 29th place with 20 points. Clay Center won the tournament with 151 points.
Basehor-Linwood's other wrestler in the tournament was Mike Torrez, 103-pounder, who finished with a 0-2 in the tournament. He lost his first two matches of the tournament.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor-Linwood girls fall to Piper in sub-state
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Bobcats take down Wellington in state opener