K of C to sponsor free-throw contest
All boys and girls ages 10 to 14 are invited to participate in the local 2008 Knights of Columbus International Free Throw Championship beginning at 12:30 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 13, at the Basehor Sixth Grade Center gymnasium, 155th Street and Leavenworth Road. Participants are asked to enter through the south entrance.
This nationwide Free Throw Championship is sponsored annually by the Knights of Columbus with winners progressing through local, district and state level competitions. International champions are announced by the K of C headquarters based on scores from the state level competition. All boys and girls ages 10 to 14 are eligible to participate and will compete in their respective age divisions. Last year more than 2.25 million shooters participated in more than 4,000 local competitions.
All contestants on the local level are recognized for their participation in this event. Participants will be required to furnish proof of age and written parental consent. Entry forms will be available the day of the competition. For additional information contact Tony Hauschild at (913) 721-2381 or Ed Hoffman at (913) 724-1924. In case of inclement weather, the competition will be moved to Jan. 20 at the same time and place.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Face to Face: Linwood business owner Kim Miller-Tallman
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary