Reno Bobwhites talk buymanship
President Max Packard called the monthly meeting of the Reno Bobwhites to order at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 13.
Allie Packard led the club in the Pledge of Allegiance, and Bonnie Monahan led the club in the 4-H pledge. Tina Allen, Loren Hoge and Marcus Titterington led the singing of "Jingle Bells." Allie Packard and Bonnie Monahan led the singing of "Happy Birthday" to members with December birthdays. Roll call answered "When do you get out of school for Christmas break?"
Secretary Tina Allen read the minutes from last month's meeting, which were approved as read.
Treasurer Loren Hoge gave the treasurer's report. Reporter Marilynn Megee announced that the minutes from last month's meeting were sent to the Lansing Current, Tonganoxie Mirror and Basehor Sentinel.
Max Packard initiated song and flag leaders for the 2007-2008 4-H year. Kathy Monahan announced that choir rehearsals start Jan. 3 after the 4-H meeting.
Max and Allie Packard gave tips about buymanship. Bonnie and Molly Monahan gave a demonstration on how to make candles out of tallow.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:23 p.m.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood star Muldoon signs with EIU
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Relay For Life participant turned cancer survivor encourages participation
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network