BLHS places sixth at Paola Invitational
Basehor-Linwood wrestler Symon Seaton placed second in the Paola Invitational.
He lost to Sharky Slyter in the 112-pound weight class championship match.
In addition to Seaton, the Bobcats had other wrestlers perform well in the tournament.
Miles Bowen placed second in the 119-pound weight class. He lost to Nick Schwager of Great Bend in the title match. Joe Johnson placed third in the 125-pound weight class. He defeated Davis Schrunk of Shawnee Mission East to finish in that spot.
Martin Buck also placed third in the tournament. He defeated Phillip Martin of Atchison County High School.
The wrestlers' performances led Basehor-Linwood to a sixth-place finish in the tournament. The Bobcats scored 75 points and finished just ahead of Eudora and Mill Valley who each scored 72 points.
The top finishers in the meet were Great Bend with 150 points; Pittsburg, 129 points; Shawnee Mission East, 126.5; Warrensburg, Mo., 116; Paola 91.5
Basehor-Linwood competed in a dual meet against Turner on Wednesdsay. The Bobcats will travel to compete in the Garden City Invitational this weekend. Wrestling action is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. Friday and continues at 9 a.m. Saturday.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer