Freshman boys advance to title game
The Lansing High freshman boys basketball team received a game-high 12 points from Matt Stratton and Calvin Schneider as it rolled to a 57-46 victory over Basehor-Linwood on Wednesday night in the semifinals of the Lansing Freshman Tournament.
LHS advanced to the championship game, which will take place at 12:45 p.m. Saturday at the Lansing Intermediate School gymnasium.
Lansing held a 9-7 edge after the first quarter, but it used an 18-8 run in the second quarter to blow the game open. Schneider and Mike Grote had six points apiece during that run.
Grote finished the game with 10 points, Kaleb McQuillan had eight, Sean Tweet scored seven, Ryan O'Donnell had six and Zak Haller chipped in two.
The freshmen improved to 8-0 with the victory.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council