Celebration themed ‘Honoring Old Glory’
The annual city of Basehor Fourth of July celebration will kick off with concessions and a moonwalk at 5 p.m. Friday, July 4, on the Basehor-Linwood High School grounds. The parade will begin at 6 p.m. with games, activities and the announcement of the 2008 Citizen of the Year to follow. This year's festivities themed "Honoring Old Glory" will feature live music by The American Legion Band of Greater Kansas City and Brutie's Bunch along with a 21-gun salute and the singing of the National Anthem by Basehor native Hannah Brown. A fireworks display will begin around 9:15 p.m.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club