To the editor:
Vaughn-Trent Community Services is so thankful for the overwhelming support the community gives to the organization not only when Christmas food baskets are distributed, but throughout the year. The recent food collection by the post office is only one of many ways the generosity of the public enables us to be of service. All year round food collections by groups and individuals and monetary donations from churches, organizations, schools and individuals make it possible for Vaughn-Trent to help all those in need. Because of the generosity of the community, we have never had to turn away anyone who meets the guidelines or who is in extenuating circumstances.
A heartfelt thanks to all who recognize the needs around us and who contribute what they can to help alleviate those needs.
Director, Vaughn-Trent Community Services
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Top Stories of 2014: The Year in Review for Basehor, Bonner Springs, Edwardsville
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Basehor's 2016 budget calls for property tax increase
- Basehor business owner combines love of billiards, country