Perry man killed in accident near Tonganoxie
A Perry man died Wednesday morning after he was injured in a work-related accident northeast of Tonganoxie.
According to the Leavenworth County Sheriff's office, Cody M. Horton, 52, was working for Capital Electric Line Builders Inc. of Kansas City, Mo., stringing line from a trailer near Donahoo Road and 187th Street.
A problem occurred with tension in the line, which caused the trailer to bounce, and the cable support wires then broke. The trailer flipped over and crushed Horton, who was still in his operating seat, according to the sheriff's office.
The accident occurred at 8:36 a.m.
Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Services said Horton had worked as an equipment operator for the company for 35 years.
The family will meet friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at the Lawrence Funeral Chapel. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the American Legion Perry Post No. 142. A complete obituary will be published later.
More like this story
- Accident kills electrical worker
- Sheriff’s office awaiting report on cause of death for Bonner Springs man in wreck
- Kansas City, Kan., man dies in rollover accident south of Tonganoxie
- Man in Thursday motorcycle accident listed in critical condition
- Tonganoxie woman killed in early-morning accident on Interstate 35