Perry man killed in accident near Tonganoxie
A Perry man died Wednesday morning after he was injured in a work-related accident northeast of Tonganoxie.
According to the Leavenworth County Sheriff's office, Cody M. Horton, 52, was working for Capital Electric Line Builders Inc. of Kansas City, Mo., stringing line from a trailer near Donahoo Road and 187th Street.
A problem occurred with tension in the line, which caused the trailer to bounce, and the cable support wires then broke. The trailer flipped over and crushed Horton, who was still in his operating seat, according to the sheriff's office.
The accident occurred at 8:36 a.m.
Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Services said Horton had worked as an equipment operator for the company for 35 years.
The family will meet friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at the Lawrence Funeral Chapel. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the American Legion Perry Post No. 142. A complete obituary will be published later.
More like this story
- Officials to discuss program for Kansas food aid recipients
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- U.S. Senate to discuss funding food stamps program with grants
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station