Bonner Springs resident shines for soccer squad
Bonner Springs resident and Mill Valley High School student Taylor Reinoehl recently competed in the 2008 U.S. Youth Soccer Midwest Regional Championships in Rockford, Ill. His team, the KCFC Rangers, narrowly missed out on becoming one of four teams to advance to nationals when they fell in the regional finals to the Chicago Fire in overtime, 4-2.
The Rangers held 1-0 and 2-1 leads before losing.
Taylor, a 6-foot-3 forward, scored the only goal of a 1-0 victory over the Kentucky state champions in the first round of regionals. He then score both goals during a one-minute span in a come-from-behind 2-1 victory over the Indiana state champions. Taylor later tallied an assist in a 3-0 victory over the Nebraska champions. The Rangers later beat the Missouri state champions, 1-0, in the regional semifinals before falling to the Chicago Fire in the finals.
The Rangers are ranked No. 4 in the nation and No. 1 in Kansas. They are coached by Gareth Hughes.
Taylor grew up in Bonner Springs and played in the Edwardsville Soccer League before joining the Rangers.
He plays varsity soccer and basketball at Mill Valley. He is an honor roll student.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas House panel to vote on freezing green energy mandate
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit