Car-seat safety checks scheduled
The Lansing Police Department, Leavenworth County Safe Kids Coalition and First National Bank are hosting a back-to-school car seat check up event on Saturday, Aug. 9, at First National Bank, 401 Centre Drive in Lansing. The safety check will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Several car seat technicians will be available to answer questions, help with installation of car seats and check car seats for recalls. Parents should bring both the child and vehicle to the event. Car seats will also be available to those who need a seat for their child. Donations are accepted.
Other safety products will be available including bike helmets and gunlocks. For more information, contact Lansing Police Officer Brian Duncan at (913) 727-3000 or at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender