Accident kills electrical worker
A Perry man died last week after he was injured in a work-related accident northwest of Basehor.
According to the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office, Cody M. Horton, 52, was working for Capital Electric Line Builders Inc. of Kansas City, Mo., stringing line from a trailer near Donahoo Road and 187th Street.
A problem occurred with tension in the line, which caused the trailer to bounce, and the cable support wires then broke. The trailer flipped over and crushed Horton, who was still in his operating seat, according to the Sheriff's Office.
The accident occurred at 8:36 a.m. July 23.
Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Services said Horton had worked as an equipment operator for the company for 35 years.
More like this story
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Abuse is main reason Kansas removes children from homes
- Shawnee woman suing archdiocese
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney