Area singles learn history
Roger Miller spoke of the "Mystery of History," at the July 5 meeting of the Bonner-Edwardsville Area Singles. He and his wife, Sheila, were guests for the BEAS monthly potluck dinner as he told about the search for Henry Tiblow's gravesite.
On Aug. 2, Twila Williams will continue the history lessons with a presentation about the Baptist Mission site near 118th Street and State Avenue and its work with the Delaware Indians and Henry Tiblow to secure Indian rights from the government.
The next potluck meeting for single persons in the area will be 6 p.m. Aug. 2 in the Fellowship Hall of the First Christian Church at the intersection of Nettleton and Insley streets. For more information, call (913) 441-3876 or (913) 422-7956
More like this story
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita
- Tonganoxie man arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence