BSHS grad makes good in USMC
Marine Corps Reserve Maj. Winston G. Jimenez, son of Nedys and Marcial Jimenez of Edwardsville, and fellow Marines from 24th Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division, recently returned from a deployment to Latin America where they participated in Partnership for Americas 2008.
More than 500 Marines from units throughout the United States deployed with Special Marine Air Ground Task Force 24 for the monthlong deployment which included training operations in the Dominican Republic, subject matter expert exchanges in Uruguay, jungle training, and a community relations event in Brazil and Colombia. The biggest humanitarian mission for the task force was in San Clemente, Peru, which last year suffered an earthquake measuring 8.0 on the Richter scale.
Partnership for Americas is an annual U.S. Marine Corps Forces South multinational exercise with national forces from throughout the Caribbean, Central and South America to develop the relationships needed to ensure maritime security in the region.
Jimenez is a 1985 graduate of Bonner Springs High School. He is a 1993 graduate of U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md., with a bachelor's degree and a 1999 graduate of Webster University, St. Louis, Mo., with a master's of business administration degree.
More like this story
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas
- Wichita animal control officers seek home for alligator
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor