To the editor:
I appreciated the story "Magazine features Bonner choir director's achievements" on the front page of the July 24, issue of the Chieftain.
The story by Nicole Kelley was an uplifting piece about Bonner Springs High School choir teacher Brain White.
I know the BSHS choir sounded very talented during their performance at the Braves' home football game last fall.
The choir looked much larger in numbers than the smaller choirs I remember from when I was a student at BSHS in 1979. According to the article, White said he had 250 members or about 30 percent of the student body in choir last year. That's great for the school.
It's nice to see positive features like this one about Bonner Springs High School staff and students. I enjoy reading the encouraging stories about BSHS in the Chieftain.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition