Lightning strike disrupts service to 4,000 Sunflower Broadband customers
A lightning strike near Linwood has disrupted service to about 4,000 Sunflower Broadband customers in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties.
Sunflower Broadband General Manager Patrick Knorr said crews are out working to repair the problem, and service is expected to be restored by this evening.
Customers in southern Leavenworth and western Wyandotte counties are affected, Knorr said. The towns of Basehor and Linwood are without Internet, cable and phone. Customers in Tonganoxie are without phone, but cable and internet are working.
Customers in Lawrence are not affected.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- USD 458 bond issue supporters make final push
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes