Lightning strike sends Basehor woman to hospital
A 34-year-old Basehor woman was taken to the hospital Monday morning after possibly being struck by lightning.
Basehor Police Chief Lloyd Martley said storms produced lightning, which struck a tree in the front yard of the woman's home at 15516 Klamm St., around 10:30 a.m. The woman and her husband were inside the home at the time.
Martley said the woman claimed she might have also been struck, but there were no immediate physical indicators such as burns or other wounds visible.
"She was complaining of some numbness in her hand and she was very visibly shaken up," Martley said.
She was transported to Shawnee Mission Medical Center for evaluation.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood Middle School names new principal
- Basehor-Linwood USD 458 board sets special meeting
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas Board of Education to examine school laws, bonds
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education