Bikers gear up for VFW fundraiser
The 2nd Annual Motorcycle Ride for Veterans will begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 14, at the Bob Wiley Memorial Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall, 2806 N. 155th St.
The VFW's bi-monthly biscuits and gravy breakfast will be from 6 to 10 a.m. and participants are welcome to attend before heading down the road.
Registration is $25 per bike for the 109-mile ride and poker run. The first stop will be at Sonic in Baldwin City, followed by Fred's Place in Perry, then Slow Ride Roadhouse in Lawrence, before riders head back to the VFW Hall in Basehor for free food and music by White Horse Jubilee.
Cash prizes for the first-, second- and third- place winners of the poker run will be awarded. All proceeds from the event will go to the Basehor VFW.
For more information, call VFW Commander Fred Box at, (913) 208-5273.
More like this story
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype
- Face to Face: Basehor teacher Barb Forbes
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Senior Center volunteers tutor Bonner second graders in reading