Smith, O’Bryan lead list of soccer honorees
The Basehor-Linwood High School girls soccer team had five players tabbed for All-Kaw Valley League teams.
Two players landed on the first team: senior forward Jessica Smith and junior defender Megan O'Bryan. Senior forward Shanna Couch and junior defender Hannah Auman made the second team, and senior midfielder Audrey Brock was an honorable mention selection.
Smith, one of the league's most dangerous goal-scorers, was a first-team choice in 2007 as well. Couch was on the first team last year, and Brock was an honorable mention pick.
The Lady Bobcats posted an 8-9-1 record this season, and their final two losses came to eventual state champion St. James Academy. St. James ended Basehor's season with an 8-0 loss in the Class 5-1A regional semifinals.
In all, 30 players in the Kaw Valley League received postseason honors. Nine of those recognized came from undefeated league champion Mill Valley, including five first-teamers. Tonganoxie had five players on the postseason teams. Lansing and Piper joined Basehor with four apiece.
More like this story
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow
- Kansas Wesleyan unveils new majors, changes to curriculum