Lansing student awarded scholarship to Washburn
Jasmine Holland, Lansing, and Zachary Riggins and Meghan Ryan, both of Leavenworth, each have received academic scholarships from Washburn University in Topeka. They were among the 89 high school seniors recognized for their achievements at a banquet in May at Washburn University.
Holland graduated from Lansing High School. Riggins is a Leavenworth Senior High School graduate and Ryan graduated from Pleasant Ridge High School
An academic scholarship indicates to students Washburn's desire to give early recognition of their academic achievements. To be eligible, a student must have an ACT score of 21 and a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
More like this story
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Firefighters climb stairs in Wichita to honor 9/11 crews