College Stars Camp returns to Basehor
The annual College Stars basketball camp will return to Basehor-Linwood High School from June 30-July 1.
The camp, which is conducted by Washburn University basketball coach Bob Chipman, is expected to draw college stars from the University of Kansas and Kansas State University.
Among the players who have helped staff previous sessions of the camp are KU's Sherron Collins, Tyrel Reed and Cole Aldrich and K-State's Jacob Pullen and Marlies Gipson.
The camp will feature multiple sessions. The early session for girls of all ages and boys ages 7-8 will be from 9 a.m. to noon. The second session for boys ages 9 and up will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Students ages 7-17 are premitted to attend. Cost is $70 per camper, which includes a basketball and a camp T-shirt. In addition to skill instruction, there will be prize-winning contests.
To enroll, contact Chipman at BCbasketballcamp@aol.com or call (785) 670-1135.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Basehor to make push for EMS service improvements
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues