Lansing businesses earn state awards
Three Lansing businesses are among 25 winners recognized by the Kansas Department of Commerce during its annual Kansas Business Appreciation Month East Regional Awards ceremony last week in Topeka.
RFM Preferred Seating, Dick Cameron Insurance Agency and Foxy Lady Hair Design were recognized for contributions to their community and the economy. All three businesses were nominated for their awards by the city of Lansing.
The East Regional Awards ceremony is the fifth of sixth events in June. At each ceremony, one company in each of three categories (Manufacturing/Distribution, Service and Retail) is awarded a Business Excellence Award, with remaining companies given a Business Achievement Award of Merit Award. The three Lansing businesses each took home a Merit Award. A total of 196 companies were nominated for Kansas Business Appreciation Month Awards.
For more information, contact Lansing's Director of Economic Development Nolan Sunderman at (913) 727-5488 or Sunderman@lansing.ks.us.
More like this story
- Tests conducted on highway leading to abandoned mining town
- Steady rain swelling Missouri, Kansas streams, rivers
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas allowing concealed guns in Statehouse without permit