Chamber seeking citizen nominees
The Basehor Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for the 2008 "Outstanding Citizen Award."
The award, which has been presented to a deserving Basehor resident annually since 1989, recognizes an individual who has contributed to the betterment of the Basehor community.
An individual or a civic organization can make nominations and forms may be picked up at Basehor Community Library, Citizens Savings and Loan, First State Bank and Trust in Basehor, Community National Bank or Basehor City Hall. The person making the nomination should sign the form and either type or print clearly. An additional sheet of paper may be used if necessary.
The Chamber Board of Directors will determine the winner and present the award at the city's Fourth of July celebration. The award is supposed to be a surprise to the nominee, so nominators will be notified and asked to help make arrangements for the nominee to be present to accept the award without letting them know they have been chosen to receive it.
The entry deadline is Tuesday, June 24.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood boys roll past Spring Hill
- Bonner's 9th annual Marble Day debuts mascot
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station