10 Years Ago
(June 18, 1998)
Midwest Bus Service announced plans to open a new facility on Front Street in Bonner Springs. The firm was moving to the former Randy Allen Chevrolet location.
State Sen. Mark Gilstrap was the featured speaker at the annual Bonner Springs-Edwardsville business appreciation luncheon.
Basehor-Linwood Parents As Teachers presented a program on time management. Jackie Himpel was the parent educator for the PAT.
Construction was nearing completion at the new Holiday Inn Express in Canaan Center.
25 Years Ago
(June 16, 1963)
The board of directors of Bonner Springs Industrial Development, Inc., voted to sign an option on 70 acres of land in recently annexed land in Johnson County.
Smitty McWashington received the Louis Gregory Award for service to racial unity.
The USD 204 staff started moving equipment from the old junior high building to the new Pioneer Junior High facility.
Noel Nyman, pharmacist and local civic leader, retired after 35 years with Watson Bros. Drug Store.
50 Years Ago
(June 19, 1958)
Marlin Kerby was appointed by Mayor Clarence Mize as Bonner Springs police judge.
Alden Harrington Funeral Home had an open house in honor of 50 years of service to the community.
Mr. and Mrs. Denny Wagner purchased a home in the 100 block of Elm Street.
Harold Schoneman and Robert Fishbaugh were re-elected to the Edwardsville school board.
100 Years Ago
(June 18, 1908)
Several acts were announced for the Bonner Springs Chautauqua planned for later in the summer. These included concerts by the Royal Hungarian orchestra, Midland Jubilee Singers and orations by Sen. Robert C. Taylor and Sen. J. R. Dolliver.