Siren tests slated
The outdoor warning sirens for Wyandotte County will be tested 11 a.m., July 2.
If severe or threatening weather or an actual or potential disaster should occur, the test will not take place.
Each week the system will be growl-tested, which activates the siren long enough for a full rotation. Tests take place on Fridays unless weather or another factor precludes the test.
Except for during tests, residents are advised to listen for emergency information over local radio and television stations and the NOAA weather radio station when outdoor warning sirens sound.
More like this story
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network