County under flood watch
At 6:15 p.m. Sunday, the National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill placed parts of northeast Kansas, including Leavenworth County, under a flood watch.
Heavy rain and river flooding is possible. Rain is expected to be widespread and heavier in the evening with accumulation between one and two inches.
A flood watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy rain across the watch area, and flooding is a possible result.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Hallmark seeks to cut 200 jobs in next several months
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career