Operation Prom on now
Dress swap at Pink Zebra to benefit BSHS Project Grad
The Pink Zebra Boutique in Bonner Springs is sponsoring an event that can help girls defray the cost of attending their high school prom. Instead of buying a new prom dress, Operation Prom Dress allows the exchanging of a gently used one for another, barely used dress, or the purchase of such a dress for a small donation to Project Graduation.
From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., through Friday at the store, 221 Oak St., donations will be accepted of dresses no older than four years old, clean and in like-new condition on a hanger, as well as shoes.
A ticket will be given in exchange for a donated dress, which will be accepted at the dress swap, which will be 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at the store.
Dresses or shoes left at the end of the event will be sold and all the proceeds will benefit the Bonner Springs High School Project Graduation.
For those not donating a dress, a $10 donation to Project Graduation will buy a dress. A $5 donation is requested for shoes.
For more information about Operation Prom Dress call Dani Gurley at (816) 718-4261 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Kansas regulators to have hearings on Westar rate agreement
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas utility to retire old generating units by year's end
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals