The G-Force Jets Senior High All-Star team won the national championship in its division in January at the Nation's Best National Cheerleading Championships. The squad includes girls from Lansing, Lawrence, Jefferson County, Bonner Springs and LeCompton. The team, including Lansing High student Bobbi Walden, is pictured with its national championship trophy. The team is coached by Jimmy Godfrey, assistant coach of the cheer squad at the University of Kansas.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'