County to test tornado sirens
At 1:30 p.m. Tuesday the Leavenworth County Office of Emergency Management will be participating in a statewide tornado drill as part of National Severe Weather Week.
Emergency Management Director Chuck Magaha said today's test will differ from normal monthly tests, because the drill will last for three minutes instead of one minute.
The tests will encompass all outdoor sirens in Leavenworth County. Magaha asks that anyone who notices a malfunctioning siren to call the emergency management office at 913-684-0455 or a local law enforcement agency.
The office will also hold a public training presentation for spotting severe weather. The program will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the National Guard Armory, 703 Metropolitan St., Leavenworth.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Remember When for March 26, 2015