Council starts cleaning service
The Leavenworth County Council on Aging has started a new Homemaker Program that will provide basic cleaning for the homes of area senior citizens.
For a reasonable rate, services will include vacuuming, dusting, mopping floors, dishes, bathroom cleaning and changing sheets.
For individuals who are ages 60-70, there needs to be a doctor's statement provided that says a disability is expected to last longer than one month. For those age 70 and older, no disability is required. The income of the individual has to be less than $30,000. A person may purchase up to four hours per month.
For more information, contact Patty Willmeth at 684-0777 or stop in at the office at 109-A Delaware, Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning