Council starts cleaning service
The Leavenworth County Council on Aging has started a new Homemaker Program that will provide basic cleaning for the homes of area senior citizens.
For a reasonable rate, services will include vacuuming, dusting, mopping floors, dishes, bathroom cleaning and changing sheets.
For individuals who are ages 60-70, there needs to be a doctor's statement provided that says a disability is expected to last longer than one month. For those age 70 and older, no disability is required. The income of the individual has to be less than $30,000. A person may purchase up to four hours per month.
For more information, contact Patty Willmeth at 684-0777 or stop in at the office at 109-A Delaware, Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers