Current staff members win Kansas Press Association awards
The Current has won six Kansas Press Association 2008 Awards of Excellence, the association has announced.
The newspaper received two first-place awards and four third-place awards in the annual competition.
First-place awards went to Chris Wristen in the sports photo category for "A Family Affair." Dick Cameron and Cathy Corley won in the editorial cartoon for their Down 'N Out panel.
Third-place awards go to John Taylor, news story; Nicole Kelley, Joel Walsh, Lara Hastings and Shawn Linenberger in the series category; and Chris Wristen in sports column writing. The newspaper also received a third place award for best newspaper Web site.
In addition, honorable mentions were awarded to Nicole Kelley in news photo, youth story and education story. The newspaper also received honorable mention for news and writing.
More like this story
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender