A closer look at the American flag
From the Lansing VFW:
With Memorial Day just two months away, homeowners should begin to take a closer look at the American flag they've been flying all year. Answer these questions and make the determination:
Is my flag faded, dirty or permanently stained? Nothing can be done for a faded or permanently stained flag, however, you may machine wash a soiled flag according to the manufacturers instructions.
Is my flag tattered or are the stripes separated? Separated stripes can be repaired. Holes in cotton/polyester flags can also be repaired. The VFW Post has repair material available at no cost.
What do I do with my unserviceable flag? The James Taylor Lansing Memorial VFW Post 12003 has placed a flag collection box in front of the Lansing Activity Center for your convenience. It is the refurbished red, white and blue postal box right next to the library book drop box. Our VFW Post will then dispose of the flags in an appropriate manner.
If you have any questions concerning your flag, you are welcome to contact me by e-mail or by calling:
Jeff Meid, Commander
VFW Post 12003
(913) 727-2984 (Home)
(913) 683-3482 (Cell)
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'