Free throw champ
Sam Lorenzen, at far right in front row, won the Knights of Columbus State Free Throw Championship on Sunday, March 2, in Salina at the Sacred Heart High School gymnasium. Lorenzen made 21 out of 25 free throw attempts, two more than his closest competitor, in winning the 10-year-old boys age division. Lorenzen is pictured with the winners from all age divisions, as well as State Deputy Donald Wagner. By winning his age division, Lorenzen's score was sent to the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council, where he could be selected to compete in the international contest.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Emergency room at Topeka VA reopens
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer