Free throw champ
Sam Lorenzen, at far right in front row, won the Knights of Columbus State Free Throw Championship on Sunday, March 2, in Salina at the Sacred Heart High School gymnasium. Lorenzen made 21 out of 25 free throw attempts, two more than his closest competitor, in winning the 10-year-old boys age division. Lorenzen is pictured with the winners from all age divisions, as well as State Deputy Donald Wagner. By winning his age division, Lorenzen's score was sent to the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council, where he could be selected to compete in the international contest.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident
- Basehor to make push for EMS service improvements
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties