Lansing graduate becomes Guard
Coast Guard Seaman Apprentice Leon A. Doniphan, son of Lajuana Y. Saxton, Lansing, recently graduated with honors from the U.S. Coast Guard Recruit Training Center in Cape May, N.J.
The 2005 graduate of Lansing High School completed an eight-week training curriculum consisting of classroom academics, practical instruction on military customs, seamanship skills, first aid, fire fighting, water safety and survival and marksmanship.
Doniphan will now join 36,000 men and women that make up the Coast Guard.
More like this story
- Area students included on fall 2014 KU honor rolls
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students