KCK resident claims $1.2 million
A Kansas City, Kan. resident on Friday claimed a Super Kansas Cash jackpot worth $1,122,878 in the March 19 drawing. The winner, who wishes to remain anonymous, purchased the jackpot-winning ticket at Hen House 27, 8120 Parallel Parkway in Kansas City, Kan., the day of the drawing.
"My granddaughter's husband won a $100,000 Super Kansas Cash jackpot a few years ago," said the 85-year-old winner. "I can't believe someone in the same family would win again."
The winner said she and her 88-year-old husband had a couple of sleepless nights after realizing they won the jackpot.
"We've never had a lot of money," said the winner. "We've been married 67 years and have always scraped by. This is more than we ever expected. Hopefully now we can get some sleep."
The winners, who have four children, 11 grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren, and four great-great grandchildren, plan to share some of their prize money with their family.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs volunteer Jason Schram
- Brownback's new commerce secretary has unique past
- Mature Living: Government: No benefit hike for Social Security next year
- Effort seeks to crowdfund millions to buy Topeka race track
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27