Council seeks active youth
The Leavenworth County Council on Aging will award a $100 savings bond to a youth between the ages of 13 and 19 and living in Leavenworth County.
The Hugh Harmon Memorial Youth Volunteer award will go to a youth who has demonstrated an effort to enhance the lives of senior citizens within their community.
Nominees should provide a letter of recommendation to the Council on Aging, 109-A Delaware, Leavenworth, no later than April 1. The nomination letter should be limited to one page and include: the youth's name, age, address, parent's name, school and deeds performed that makes the youth worthy of the award.
The winner will be invited to attend the Volunteer Appreciation luncheon at the Council on Aging on Friday, April 11.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal