Leavenworth, Jefferson counties among several counties in northeast Kansas in tornado watch
Severe thunderstorm warning extended to 6:30 p.m. for northeast Leavenworth County
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for northeast Kansas. The watch will remain in effect until 1 a.m. Friday. Leavenworth and Jefferson counties are two of 33 Kansas counties included in tornado watches.
Douglas, Leavenworth and Shawnee counties also are included in the watch.
A severe thunderstorm warning was issued for northern Leavenworth County. It was extended to 6:30 p.m. for northeast Leavenworth County. Reports of hail also are being reported throughout Leavenworth County Thursday evening. In addition, another storm has been spotted between Tonganoxie and Reno.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education