Leavenworth, Jefferson counties among several counties in northeast Kansas in tornado watch
Severe thunderstorm warning extended to 6:30 p.m. for northeast Leavenworth County
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for northeast Kansas. The watch will remain in effect until 1 a.m. Friday. Leavenworth and Jefferson counties are two of 33 Kansas counties included in tornado watches.
Douglas, Leavenworth and Shawnee counties also are included in the watch.
A severe thunderstorm warning was issued for northern Leavenworth County. It was extended to 6:30 p.m. for northeast Leavenworth County. Reports of hail also are being reported throughout Leavenworth County Thursday evening. In addition, another storm has been spotted between Tonganoxie and Reno.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County under tornado watch; northern Douglas County, Jefferson County in severe thunderstorm warning
- Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Leavenworth and Jefferson counties
- Tornado watch issued for much of region
- Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties in severe thunderstorm watch
- Several northeast Kansas counties under severe thunderstorm watch