Basehor resident honored by K-State
A Basehor resident has been selected as a member of Kansas State University's chapter of Mortar Board, a national college senior honor society, for the 2008-2009 school year.
Members are chosen in the spring of their junior year based on exemplary leadership, scholarship and service.
The Basehor student, Kara Bowman, is a junior in kinesiology and a member of the Student Alumni Board and a K-State student ambassador. She is a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority and has served as a Panhellenic delegate.
She is secretary for Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society. She has been a Little Apple Soccer Club Micro Soccer Camp coach and a Relay for Life participant.
Bowman is the daughter of Lonnie and Janet Bowman and is a graduate of Manhattan High School.
More like this story
- The Business of Growing: Basehor farm's herb production continues to expand
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Basehor, Bonner area deals with aftermath of Monday's storm
- Perfect Patch: Kerby Farm part of families’ fall traditions