Basehor resident honored by K-State
A Basehor resident has been selected as a member of Kansas State University's chapter of Mortar Board, a national college senior honor society, for the 2008-2009 school year.
Members are chosen in the spring of their junior year based on exemplary leadership, scholarship and service.
The Basehor student, Kara Bowman, is a junior in kinesiology and a member of the Student Alumni Board and a K-State student ambassador. She is a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority and has served as a Panhellenic delegate.
She is secretary for Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society. She has been a Little Apple Soccer Club Micro Soccer Camp coach and a Relay for Life participant.
Bowman is the daughter of Lonnie and Janet Bowman and is a graduate of Manhattan High School.
More like this story
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Cynthia Meyer
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community