Shawnee, Lansing runners win 5K
Mark Manroe of Shawnee, and Lansing's Cassie Blankenship were the male and female winners of the "On the Run" 5K race on Sunday, May 4. The annual race is a benefit for the Lansing Historical Society.
Manroe finished the race in 19 minutes and 47 seconds, edging second-place men's finisher Marc Carpenter of Blue Springs, Mo., by nine seconds.
Blankenship crossed the finish line in 21:14, besting runner-up Jonette Killmar of Overland Park by 15 seconds.
More like this story
- Bonner Springs Aquatic Center announces 'Doogie Poolooza'
- Kansas House to consider stiffening scrap theft penalties
- Basehor business owner combines love of billiards, country
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor