Shawnee, Lansing runners win 5K
Mark Manroe of Shawnee, and Lansing's Cassie Blankenship were the male and female winners of the "On the Run" 5K race on Sunday, May 4. The annual race is a benefit for the Lansing Historical Society.
Manroe finished the race in 19 minutes and 47 seconds, edging second-place men's finisher Marc Carpenter of Blue Springs, Mo., by nine seconds.
Blankenship crossed the finish line in 21:14, besting runner-up Jonette Killmar of Overland Park by 15 seconds.
More like this story
- Kansas House to consider stiffening scrap theft penalties
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas House panel considers higher scrap theft penalties
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Cynthia Meyer
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown