Area soccer team scores win in KC tournament
The U-19 Boys LUSC Boro took first place in the KC Cup Tournament, April 18-19. 2008 in Raytown, MO. The team went 3-0-1 beating the Internationals from South Dakota. Team members are from Leavenworth, Lansing, Bonner Springs, Basehor and Topeka, KS.
The team competes in the Kansas Premier Soccer League during the spring in Olathe and participates in several tournaments. They are coached by Stephen Lyons, assistant coach at University of St. Mary.
More like this story
- Bonner police investigate aggravated robbery
- Authorities announce name of pedestrian killed in Bonner Springs accident
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms