BES student places 3rd in poster contest
Basehor Elementary School fifth grader, Monica Brich, recently won third place in the fifth grade division of the Leavenworth County Conservation Department's annual poster contest.
About 30 members of the BES Environmental Club entered the contest themed "Water is Life." The posters were judged on content, eye appeal and neatness. All entries received a certificate for entering and the school was given a tree to plant in the schoolyard.
Brich went to an awards ceremony in Lansing March 17 to accept her award and thanks from the conservation department.
More like this story
- Lawmakers to again consider policy on police body cameras
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Tough voter citizenship rules pull Kansas into multiple lawsuits
- Analysis: Kansas abortion ruling could have sweeping effects