BES student places 3rd in poster contest
Basehor Elementary School fifth grader, Monica Brich, recently won third place in the fifth grade division of the Leavenworth County Conservation Department's annual poster contest.
About 30 members of the BES Environmental Club entered the contest themed "Water is Life." The posters were judged on content, eye appeal and neatness. All entries received a certificate for entering and the school was given a tree to plant in the schoolyard.
Brich went to an awards ceremony in Lansing March 17 to accept her award and thanks from the conservation department.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits