Blood drive set for June 2
Community Blood Center, the provider of blood services to local hospitals, will be conducting a blood drive on Monday, June 2, at Immaculate Conception Church's Church Hall, 711 N. 5th St., Leavenworth.
"When individuals normally think of essential community services, they think about the fire and police departments," said Dr. Jay Menitove, executive director and medical director with Community Blood Center. "However, because Community Blood Center is here to meet the needs of local patients, we would hope that individuals in our community would consider us to be just as essential."
Individuals in Leavenworth can help meet the local needs by donating blood 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. There will be T-shirts for all donors.
To make an appointment online go to esavealifenow.org and use Sponsor Code leavenworthcomm. You may also contact Georgia Scanlon at (913) 682-3953.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County approves EMS services for Basehor
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses