Golf tournament set for May 29
The Josh Gaffney Memorial Golf Tournament and Silent Auction will be Thursday, May 29, at Falcon Lakes Golf Course, 4605 Clubhouse Dr., Basehor.
The four-player scramble will have a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. and feature prizes for the first and second place team as well as hole prizes and a putting contest. The tee package includes 18 holes of golf, cart, gift bag and lunch at Kelley's Grill and Bar in Basehor.
Items in the silent auction include autographed Kansas University memorabilia, dinners, gift cards and much more. Cash and checks will be accepted.
The cost is $90 per golfer and the tournament is limited to the first 144 players to sign up. Entry forms can be picked up at First State Bank and Trust, 155th Street and State Avenue, Basehor, or by e-mailing tournament chair, Matthew Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry deadline is May 27.
Josh Gaffney, a 14-year-old Basehor-Linwood Middle student, lost his life in a vehicle accident April 27, while his family was traveling to Fort Benning, Ga. All the proceeds from the tournament and auction will go to the Josh Gaffney Memorial Fund at First State Bank and Trust.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row