Wal-Mart awards scholarships
The Bonner Springs Wal-Mart on Wednesday awarded two area high school seniors each a $1,000 scholarship and an Olathe student a $10,000 scholarship.
The $1,000 Sam Walton Community Scholarship went to Ashlee Espinoza, a senior at Bonner Springs High School, and Charissa Beeves, a senior at Basehor-Linwood High School.
Shayna Gonzales, a senior at Olathe North High School, received the $10,000 Walton Family Foundation scholarship, and plans to attend Kansas State University.
More like this story
- Lifetime of changes apparent with birthplace visit
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Health officials confirm tuberculosis case in Olathe
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son