Basehor baseball, softball teams set for regionals
The Basehor-Linwood baseball and softball teams will begin play in the Class 4A regional tournament on Monday.
The baseball team earned the No. 7 seed with a 9-9 record. The Bobcats will play No. 2 Piper (15-2) at 4 p.m. Monday at 3&2. A victory would advance the Bobcats to the semifinals at 4 p.m. Wednesday. The championship game will follow at 6:30 p.m.
The softball team (11-9) earned the No. 5 seed and will play No. 4 Piper (12-7) at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Field of Dreams. A victory would advance the Lady Bobcats to the semifinals at 3 p.m. Tuesday against Perry-Lecompton (17-2) or Atchison (5-13). The championship game will follow at 6:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women